When looking to hire an authentic governance consultant, keep the following in mind.
- Know your objectives for working with an authentic governance consultant.
- Interview at least two authentic governance consultants before you decide on one. Ask each about his or her experience, qualifications and skills. Also ask for at least two references.
- Make sure a connection exists between you and the consultant you choose.
Questions to Ask a Prospective Authentic Governance Consultant
We recommend asking the following questions:
- What is your authentic governance consulting experience (number of clients, years of experience, types of consulting situations, etc.)?
- What is your authentic governance consulting training (enrolled in an AGI approved training program)? Which AGI Certification Streams?
- What is your philosophy about authentic governance?
- What are some of your consulting success stories (specific examples)?
- Are you a member of AGI? Do you hold an AGI Credential?
Why Should I Choose an Authentic Governance Consultant?
The mission of the AGI Credentialing program is to protect and serve consumers of authentic governance consulting services, to measure and certify competence of individuals, and to stimulate continuous development.
A consultant who has been credentialed by AGI has completed stringent education and experience requirements and has demonstrated a strong commitment to excellence in authentic governance consulting. Certification from the AGI is important when considering which authentic governance consultant to hire. It means the authentic governance consultant:
- Has received professional training from a program specifically designed to teach authentic governance consulting skills in alignment with Authentic Governance Core Competencies and Authentic Governance Code of Ethics.
- Has demonstrated a proficient understanding and use of the authentic governance consulting competencies as outlined by the AGI
- Is accountable to the ethics and standards set forth by the AGI
When you hire an AGI Credentialed consultant, you can be assured your consultant comes with highly recognizable, global qualifications. Consultants credentialed by AGI have received specific training, achieved a designated number of experience hours and been coached by a senior Master Certified Authentic Governance Consultant.